Monday, November 26, 2007

Old shoes


I have issues with shoes. My feet are short wide and have a high instep. My mother claims that it is due to my dad's genes and there may be something to that. I used to always have kind of ratty shoes as it was hard to find a pair that fit right and I didn't treat them too well.

A few years ago, perhaps 8 years or so ago, I found a pair of Merrel suede slip on's that I really liked at REI in Bloomington. These shoes were really comfortable for me. I liked them so much I went back and bought two more pair so I was up to three pairs. The following year I tried to find similar pairs, but since either they caused chaffing because I don't wear socks much of the year or they wouldn't go over my instep I had poor luck except for a pair of Timberland's.

Well, long story short, I wore these shoes everywhere. In the snow and cold, out walking, to work, out to get the paper. the soles are still in good condition, but the leather is stained and falling apart and the trim is wearing away. They have stretched beyond comfort and the foam lining has crumbled away.

Today they are in the trash heap and I have new shoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: