Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Chitown and Greenbuild



Monday was spent traveling to Greenbuild 2007 in Chicago. The flight from Duluth and Minneapolis was interesting because the weather conditions were perfect for icing. The aircraft was a Saab SF-340, which is propeller driven, but seems to be well suited for ice - short stiff wings, lots of visible deicing boots. I think I watched from 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of ice form as we neared Minneapolis. The ice flying off the propellers hitting the fuselage kept up a rat a tat tat for the last 30 minutes of the flight.


Multiple delays on the flight from Minneapolis to Chicago - but here I am staying at the Swissotel with a room view out over the Navy Pier. Last night I ran into Leighton Deer, my counter part at HGA and we had a nice conversation about the state of sustainability at our respective firms.



Member Day today - off to check it out.

No comments: