Saturday, February 23, 2008

Warm?

It's been cold this week. Twenty below zero most mornings warming up to zero or so during the day. It's been beautiful though, super blue sky and water, clear sunny skys, with the big Lake calm with ice chunks floating by. It's funny how you get kind of used to the cold though. Gloves, scarf, hat where ever you go. Hit the seat warmers just as soon as the car is started. Keep a fire going in the wood stove. Throw on a jacket just to take the dog out before bed.


Yesterday morning it was only zero when I woke up. I laughed at my self out at the end of the driveway getting the paper. There I was, no hat, no scarf, no gloves, not even a zipped up jacket. It felt so warm! Later in the day the sun really warmed things up and we saw 20 above. Some of the snow along the sidewalks was even softening up.

It was a beautiful sunrise this morning. I find that I am driven a bit by the sun. I much prefer it when I can wake with the sun. Having it light in the sky when I'm walking out to my car at the end of the work day is great, too. We were out to one of our local watering holes last night to celebrate Aliceon's birthday with some friends - what a fun time - tomorrow we are off to Lutsen's Sea Villas to hang out for a few days as a continuation of the celebration.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: